2008. október 25., szombat

Dancing Queen

Hello,

I have a task for the RWS course, which is to choose a song that I like and analyse it in some ways. My choice is Dancing Queen by ABBA. I have chosen it for 3 reasons. At first I like this song very much, secondly this is in the repertoire of our orchestra and finally, I have a nice experience with this song.

In my last orchestral camp, me and my 2 girlfriends rewrote some parts of it and gave some kind of dancing and singing show to our friend, because he got married a few months earlier and he told us he would like a 'bachelor day' only with us :)
As we learnt the song with the 'new lines' I liked it more and more.

And now as I'm listening to it again I can find out that the instrumentation consists of only 2 instruments, the piano and the guitar. Maybe it's not such a great discovery, but these 2 musical elements can give a very good sound. And the song is pretty dynamic.

On the whole I like all ABBA songs and of course the movie, Mamma Mia! as well!;)
Have you seen it? If not, you should! :)

Good appetite and have a nice day!

3 megjegyzés:

Unknown írta...

A part of this post will be featured in the 38th episode of my podcast!

Eszter írta...

Oh!Dancing Queen is a very good choice..I'm fond of ABBA songs,so I've seen the Mamma Mia! movie.It's pretty cool.:)

Nóry írta...

I absolutely agree! I have always liked ABBA and their songs, but since I have seen the film I listen to those songs more often, almost every day!:) And Maryl Streep.. I didn't think that she is still so fit! :)