2008. október 20., hétfő

Adventure guide to Jamaica

Hi there,

I searched for a book among Google Books, and I've found a guide book, called Adventure guide to Jamaica. I chose some parts of it. I'm interested in music so I read about Jamaican music, its history and about the performers. Here is a little taste of the music tendencies.

There are four music trends in Jamaica.
The most significant are the reggae and the ska. "Reggae sings of the problems of the island, and to listen to its Lyrics is to learn more about life in the villages beyond the resorts and most especially in the capital city of Kingston." But there was also the mento, first brought music to Jamaica from Africa. And the other was the dancehall, which is a variant of reggae. And now I mention some performers: Bob Marley, Jimmy Cliff, Burning Spear, Bunny Wailer and so on.

But I wouldn't like to 'talk' about them because if you are also interested in these people you can read these pages and know their discography. Are you curious about them?

It is an exciting reading and with it you can know more about Jamaica. You can get acquainted with not only the music, but also the location of the island nation and the culture of it.
So I recommend it to everyone who would like to know more about other cultures, especially the Jamaican.

Here is the link of this book:

Have a nice sunny day;)

4 megjegyzés:

Unknown írta...

I knew the other types, but have never heard of mento. Thanks for sharing, Évi. What do you think of Google Books? Will you return to it some other time?

Évi írta...

I think Google Books are very useful, because we can improve our reading skill. And I will return to them some other time when I would like to know interesting and amusing things about other places or just when I would like to read something.Google Books were new thing for me till now.

Sziszi írta...

I'm very interested in any kind of books which is in connection with black people (even jamaican) so i will take a look at this book!

Ömböli Krisztián írta...

Wow, mento. One more style I have to look up! Thank you! :)